Pentland Field School specifically caters for pupils who are at the higher ability of the severe learning difficulties (SLD) range and the lower end of the moderate learning difficulties (MLD) range; our pupils are at the core of all of all we do.
As a school, we are committed to:
- Provide an excellent educational environment combined with high standards of teaching and learning
- Help children and young people to stay safe
- Treat children and young people with respect and dignity
- Listen to what children and young people have to say
- Provide children and young people with a broad and balanced curriculum appropriate to their needs and abilities and offer extended opportunities
- Tell children and young people what they are good at to build their confidence
- Allow children and young people to make choices and decisions for themselves
- Encourage children and young people to be as independent as they are able
- Inform parents / carers of their children’s progress through excellent communication including Annual Reviews and Annual Reports
- Keep parents / carers informed about what children have done during the school day through the link book or electronically
If you would like to find out more about our school, please get in touch and arrange a visit.
Audrey Pantelis, Head of School